The Soho Public Baths
Constructed in 1907, the Soho Bath House (originally 2408 Fifth Avenue, now 2410 Fifth Avenue) was one of the best equipped institutions of its kind in the country, and was opened in January, 1909. This building was constructed at a cost of $120,000 and was paid for by the Civic Club (organized 1895). Today, the bath house houses its original (albeit inoperable) pool, showers, & changing facilities and is one of the last remaining vestiges of the vanished Soho neighborhood.
The club operated two public bath houses: the Peoples’ Bath House on Penn Avenue and the Soho Bath House on Fifth Avenue. William James Carpenter was commissioned to design both bath houses.
Address: 2410 Fifth Ave.
Status: Landmarking discussions with building's owners (Allegheny County)