Preservation Pittsburgh Landmarking Fund
Your Donation Saves Buildings
Preservation Pittsburgh is a community-based, volunteer-led organization and we rely on your donations to operate effectively. Our primary focus is on advocacy and landmarking important buildings, sites, & objects. Every donation, no matter how big or small, helps.
If you are an organization that would like to hire our services to nominate a site, please contact us prior to making your donation.
Landmarking fUND - Suggested Donation Levels
- Granter - $100
- Your donation will cover one landmark nomination fee to the City of Pittsburgh.
- Landmarker - $200
- Your donation will cover two landmark nomination fees to the City of Pittsburgh.
- Documenter - $500
- A key first step to preserve a place is to document what is there. Your donation will cover full documentation by a professional photographer and a detailed description by a professional preservationist.
- Researcher - $1,000
- Every successful nomination includes a good deal of research through archives, collecting interviews, and reading through deeds and parcel maps. Your donation will fully fund the cost of this research preparation, which will ultimately lead to a nomination.
- Nominator - $2,000
- Your donation will cover the full cost of hiring a professional preservationist to document, research, and write a landmark nomination for a site.
A Note to Researchers
As you know, conducting research can be a very time-consuming task and we at Preservation Pittsburgh acknowledge the work you do. We gladly accept research on buildings, objects, and sites within the City of Pittsburgh as an in-kind, tax-deductible donation. Please contact us prior to making your donation for more details and we will happily coordinate your donation.
support us by using AmazonSmile when you shop online:
Mailing a Donation
If you prefer to mail a check, please print our donation form (below) and send to:
1501 Reedsdale St., Suite 5003
Pittsburgh, Pa. 15233
Preservation Pittsburgh is officially licensed as a charitable organization in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and operates as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation under Internal Revenue Service regulations. A copy of the official registration and financial information of Preservation Pittsburgh may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Questions about Preservation Pittsburgh should be addressed to (412) 256-8755. All contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.