Oliver Bath House
The bath house had its beginnings on March 9, 1903 when a letter from Henry W. Oliver was presented to the Select Council of the City of Pittsburgh calling for the creation of a bath house. To achieve this, Henry Oliver promised to provide a gift of $80,000 and deeded land provided "... the bath shall be free for the use of the people forever."
When construction began on the bath house in 1914 the Oliver Iron & Steel Company sat across 10th Street and the bath would go on to serve its workers and other workers of the South Side. The bath house today remains the only continuously functioning bathhouse in Pittsburgh and in Pennsylvania.
Address: 38 S 10th Street
Status: Listed on the City Register in 2017