Former Carrick Municipal Hall


Carrick’s former Municipal Hall located at 1806 Brownsville Road is one of two remaining borough buildings within the City of Pittsburgh (the other being the former Overbrook Municipal Building, now Accamando Center, which was added to the Pittsburgh Register of Historic Places in 2018). Constructed in 1905 shortly after Carrick became an independent borough, the building would go on to become Engine Co. 23 after annexation by the city, and now houses several prominent business in Carrick’s commercial district.

The former municipal hall is significant because of its embodiment of an architectural style, its association with noted architect Edward Stotz, and how it reflects Carrick’s progression from an independent borough to a neighborhood within the City of Pittsburgh.