WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW – CONTEST RULES!
What kind of photos should I submit?
- Capture a historic religious structure of Wilkinsburg in your own way!
- New pictures (not published before)
- The outside of buildings (no interior pictures)
- Submit your best, up to four.
When can I submit a pictures?
- Anytime between September 14-October 14, 2017
- Our FREE walking tour is September 30th from 9:00AM - 1:00PM
- A great opportunity to view the sites with a group and snap pics.
Who can enter contest?
- Anyone with a camera or smartphone! The winner categories are:
- Advanced (experienced, professional photographers)
- Amateur/Youth (anyone who enjoys snapping pics!)
- Wilkinsburg Residents (your community is important to this project!)
How do I submit?
- Have Instagram? Use the hashtag: #wilkinsburg_pp
- (Posts without this hashtag will not be entered!)
- Send them by Email to: email@example.com
- Include your name and category (include Wilkinsburg residency if applicable) with any entry.
- Preservation Pittsburgh and Wilkinsburg community leaders choose winners for each category.
- Prizes will be given at an event on November 4.
- Two images will be displayed in the November Captured::Pittsburgh Open Air Art Gallery in Shadyside.
- More prizes include a photography workshop, gift certificates to Wilkinsburg-area shops and restaurants and a chance to be included in a special exhibition.
- Many submissions will be printed and displayed in the Wilkinsburg Borough Building by the Wilkinsburg Historical Society.
- You, the photographer, keep the rights and ownership of your unique pictures, Preservation Pittsburgh may display images on our website and social media, with credit given to each photographer!
Your photographs help Preservation Pittsburgh bring community attention to Wilkinsburg’s Historic Religious structures! All are welcome.
Still Have Questions?
Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org